Saturday, August 9, 2008

Flores day 2

Flores day 2
(views from Cool Beans)

today was a day to chill and relax - drank gallons of water lots of coffee and just relaxed. Got up at 6 am and then again at 7 am for good. Went to cool beans and had breakfast and ran into David again and then went back to my hotel to hang out and read.

Finished Sand County Almanac today (thank Don even if took me over a year to read it), I read half of it last year and never finished it so I reread the first half and finished it. I need to reread the whole thing again. I wonder what he (author) would say today...I passed the book on.

Tommorow I head for Palenque - I bought a ticket on a tourist shuttle that leaves at 5 am. The shuttle goes to Bethel (I think - maybe La Tecnica) and then have a launcha (boat with outboard) to cross the river and then (hopefully) there will be a shuttle on the otherside waiting for us. We are supposed to arrive in Palenque at 1 pm which is really noon Guatemala time - assuming that was figured into it when he told me. It would be more fun to have just gone, but for the money (260 Q) it probably pays to take the 'safe' way vs the more adventuresome mode of travel - and it will probably be more comfortable...

Hotel La Canoa
phone:
7867-5222
5553-1465


further note:
at 8:38 its 84 degrees farenheit in my room - with the fan I am more than comfortable - in fact its borderline perfect - would be stuffy w/o the fan, but if the room had more natural ventilation I wouldn't need (or want) the fan -
when I got up at 4:15 am it was 82 in the room, but cool outside.

No comments: