Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 1 and 2

I left huehue yesterday at 10 am (actually left the school at 9:40) and went to the terminal. Got a guate bound bus - not sure what to call it - not a micro bus and certainly not a chicken bus - more like an extra large micro bus. Cost to la cuchilla was 40Q. (note for future reference - la cuchilla is just about at km marker 133)
I stayed at Montefur for 42Q/night and am here for 2 nights.
Just sort of hung out - had lunch with Candelaria yesterday and today and bought 150 bracelets from her mom (2Q each) and ran into Concepcion and she was selling bracelets for 2.5Q (bigger ones) but when I asked her about the ones like the majority of what I bought they were 1Q - hmm. I bought 4 of Concepcion's bracelets for 10Q that are in the colors of Jamaica - wonder what it is about them that my students like????
Tomorrow I am headed for Nebaj and have reservations for 2 nights ($6 US/night). I am guessing it will take me a min of 5 busses to get there - will let you know. Right now I am sitting in a bar and connected from someones wireless - I'm guessing its the bar, but not sure. Right now I'm in Pana Arte which is owned by the brother of Margarita who is the owner of Maragritas Restaraunt in huehue which is right across the street from the stadium. I go there often for a beer after I leave the orphanage.
buenas noches

No comments: