Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coban to Flores

yesterday I left my room at 7:30 am and walked down to casa blanca hostal to have breakfast. Had lunch here the day fefore and it seems like a very friendly place - I will stay here when I come back. I returned at 9 to wait for my shuttle to flores and have a 2nd cup of coffee - my assumption was that a tourist shuttle would stop for piss breaks - it did and a lunch break also. There was 13 people on the bus 2 from israel, 1 swiss, 2 english, 2 from the US and 6 from Italy Quite a collection. I started talking to the other guy from the US before we left and I talked to him durring the breaks - we were the last 2 picked up and he was in the front (lucky) and I was in the back. Haven't checked out his work yet

www.farbelism.com
www.imagecentralamerica.com

he is a painter and photagrapher - interesting guy (49). We hung out last night and had a few beer and dinner in Flores.

The ride was uneventfull except for the ferry to cross the river just before the cutoff for Bethel - unfortunately I won't have the opportunity to take the ferry tommorow as I am headed to Bethel. I will include a few photos below.

I am staying in the same place that I have stayed in the other 2 times I was here. 60Q with private bath. Very simple but pleasant enough. 12Q for a beer. The owner recognized me - she said , ¨You have been here before haven´t you¨. I was somewhat surprised as I haven´t been here in 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 years.








Note the thatched roof over the motor - 40hp outboard powers the ferry






There are 2 outboards but only one is being used. The barrel like things swivel






No comments: