Friday, July 3, 2009

The Ugly American?

So after my meal I walk down to the zocalo to look around and have a beer. Before I get there I see a nice restaurant (mostly empty) and I go in and order a beer. They have wifi so I want to post my blog and check my email. My battery (which at the best of times holds very little charge – 2 hrs) is on its last leg so I plug it in after she had brought me my beer. She (I’m thinking she was a librarian in another reincarnation) tells me I can’t do that. Why I ask, and she replies that it uses energy – no fucking shit. By battery needs energy. She was very insistent that I unplug it. I was so mad that I paid for my beer and left – without drinking it. They knew I was mad.

I know, Doug is appalled that I left a full (good) beer on the table and Angie and Deb are saying, “grow up for god sake – you’re 52, isn’t it time you acted like it”. Not to mention this is where Deb makes a comment about life insurance and how she will enjoy it. I politely asked how much the beer was and then sort of (not real hard) slammed the coins on the counter and left without saying anything. I sort of thought the idea was to get people into your restaurant and have them spend money. I mean I wasn’t charging an electric car. I’m in another restaurant (no wifi) and have my computer plugged in. Calm down Rog, take a deep breath. It’s their loss, they can’t resell the beer, they got no tip (and I tip very well) and I probably would have had 3 beers. Again, their loss, glad it only cost 1 beer before I found they were idiots.

No comments: