Friday, July 3, 2009

More Oaxaca

My meal is called Tlayuda con carne (it comes another way besides with meat). I chose beef.

It is a large tortilla with frijoles, onions, cheese (lots) guacamole, tomatoes and the beef on top. Boy was it good. 70 P plus a beer and I tipped the waiter 20P. I wonder how much electricity I would have used. OK, I’m off that topic now.

I bought 3 pieces of artwork, one for la Osita, one for Deb and one for me (or a gift). If Deb puts her mind to it she will figure out the medium and style of the art work (sorry but purple dragons that I found wouldn't have survived in my backpack). Angie, the piece I got for the la Osita is a turtle (she doesn’t read this does she?) – I think that’s what you asked for last year – it’s not a toy though,

The Zocalo is in much better shape than when I was here (must have been 3 years ago). The teacher strike is over. There is some political stuff there though but I think that’s more the result of Sunday’s upcoming election.

No comments: