Friday, July 3, 2009

Friday Afternoon 3 July

Friday afternoon 3:22 pm local

I’m here and staying at the same place I stayed the first time I was in Oaxaca (200 P per night shared bath). It really is a nice place – don’t quite remember why Deb and I didn’t stay here, but I think it had to with them not \”opening” till later and we got here at sunrise. I couldn’t get a bus to Tuxtla or San Cristobol de las Casas till night so bought a ticket for Tehuantepec for 174P. From there I’m hoping I can catch a bus to Tuxtla or maybe I’ll have to do it in 2 busses. I’m pretty sure I’ll figure it out.

Don’t know if I mentioned it or not but I was able to buy a 3 prong to 2 prong adapter in Manzanillo.

I got into Oaxaca at about 2 or 2:15 in desperate (did I mention desperate) need of a shower. I was ready at 11am yesterday. Had I stayed in Manzanillo I probably would have taken 3 showers – I couldn’t stand myself anymore.

My bus leaves at 7 am tomorrow but I’m only a 10 minute walk to the bus station. The problem is I slept for shit last night and feel like I could sleep for 20 hours. Have to make it till 8ish as my laundry (read that as ALL my clothes) are getting washed. Right now I’m having yesterday’s dinner or is it breakfast, or lunch – I’m at a nice restaurant having some Oaxacan meal that I’ve never heard of.

Ciao

No comments: