Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My first 2 days in Huehue

Not much new.

I started classes on Monday. Maria is my teacher for the first part and Otto for the second part. So far Otto and I have just talked and Maria is reviewing with me. I imagine that I will spend the first 2 weeks just reviewing. It slowly is coming back – possibly I need to study.

Have been to the fundacion every day. The kids are doing fine. Yesterday we went out to eat for lunch. It’s really interesting watching how the girls grow. When I first took the girls out to eat (December 2003) my intention was to take them to a nice restaurant. Patty was having none of that, she wanted to go to Pollo Campero (KFC like chain in Guatemala) – we went to Pollo Campero. In fact we went to Pollo Campero exclusively until last year. Last year Patty asked if we could go to La Fonda which is a nice restaurant. Of course I was thrilled to do that as I was sick of Pollo Campero. Every time however that we went to a restaurant Patty (and Estelita) ordered pizza.

I guess growth comes in small steps. Yesterday when we went I was shocked when Patty ordered a traditional Guatemalan meal – she is no longer a kid I guess. After we ate we walked around the center of town and then went to a cafĂ© (I wanted a coffee) and Patty astounded me again by ordering a capuccinno. Will wonders never cease.

Estelita now is only studying piano – I’m not quite sure why. She said she will talk to me later about what she wants to do. I think she only wants to study voice.

No comments: