Sunday, July 5, 2009

Saturday night 4 July

8 pm

I’m at the bus station for my 11:30 bus. I know it’s silly but I didn’t want to have to catch a taxi late and it was convoluted at best to get from my hotel to the bus station. After my lunch and trip to the internet place I had a beer and went back to the hotel and took a nap and then a shower. I found on my way to my lunch a café that had wireless so after my shower I went there and had two cappuccinos and a bottle of water. I then went out for dinner near the hotel. It was 6:45 and I went to the place that I had a beer at and he said he couldn’t serve me (I’m guessing that maybe 6pm is the cut off time) and I asked why. He said because of the voting (which I knew) so I replied that I couldn’t vote. He laughed and then I said (just joking) that I could hide it and he said (I had ordered a dark beer) that he could put it in a class and then said it’s a coke. So I had a couple of beers (cokes) with my dinner and then went back – took another shower and now am waiting for my bus.

I like this town (Tehuantepec) – it’s real México. It’s not small (70,000) but it has a small town feel. They have the neatest taxis – they are like a motorcycle tricycle that has a platform in the back and the passengers stand. They maybe can fit 3 people – they are cute but unfortunately I didn’t get a picture.

Well if I have internet at the Tuxtla station I will post this, otherwise it will probably get posted from Guatemala.

Ciao.


No comments: