Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Morning 5 July

Get out and vote!

5:17 am

I’m in Tutxla. I had this fleeting thought in Tehuantepec that I would check and see if I could change my ticket as maybe the bus continued on in the direction I was going. I didn’t check and the bus is. I however am glad to be off the bus for a bit. I would die for a coffee right now but the damn coffee shop isn’t open.

I don’t like the overnight busses. It takes me forever to be able to sleep, and it’s never a comfortable sleep. I fall asleep and then wake up 20 minutes later and continually repeat the process. So it’s 5:23 am and I probably got 3 hours of sleep last night at best.

7:15 am

My bus left at 6am sharp (25P) and I must have slept most of the way. I looked at my watch when we pulled into San Cristobal and I figured we weren’t here yet as I thought it would take 2 hours. The driver however said we were in San Cristobal. I put my back pack in storage (10P/hr) and found a restaurant across the street. After I eat I will find a bus/colectivo to get to Comitan.


No comments: