Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 3 continued

I left this morning after driving a total of 597 miles in two days. Today I finished at 907.

Very soon after I posted before I came to the Missouri River and the country in the ten miles before
and since is absolutely gorgeous. I will try and post some pictures.

I went to Burke Lake State Recreation Area. Its rustic and there is about 15 sites or so for
$8 per night. As of 8:09 pm I'm still the only one here. I plan to run in the morning and then
take a swim, although there isn't a beach - will go at the boat launch (nobody on the lake either.

I went into Gregory (8 miles away) and bought brats (Johnsonville), mustard, buns, charcoal and
and an onion. I grilled my brats and it was great:)

Went to bed at 10 and still the place is desolate:)

No comments: