Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 1

My ride on Wednesday being written Thursday night:

I will try and get a map once I’m somewhere with internet. I headed around the southern end of Lake Winnebago with intention of taking 23 across to 12 but without a navigator I’m easily confused. I ended up on 73 out of Princeton and didn’t realize it until I was in Wautoma – oops. I then stayed on 73 until it hit 10 and then took 10 to 12 and 12 into Eau Claire.

Note to Don – I got your comment after I left Eau Claire, so I don’t have any of the answers to your questions.

I went about 280 miles (I forgot to check exactly).
Doug cooked chicken marisela for us and two of his good friends (Janelle and Dave) and then we went out to the bars. Doug is actually a very good cook – I was impressed. We left around 8 and stayed out way past my bedtime. It is tough being an old fart while hanging out with college kids. I still woke up around 6 am – hung over and tired.
I had a great time with Doug and need to get back there

No comments: