Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tulum

Went to the ruins today - I was the first person in line as I wanted to take pictures before the hoards descended - good idea except apparently Sunday is the day that the locals go. I will try tomorrow again if it is sunny - this morning it was cloudy and I would like another chance without clouds. The ruins are interesting but mostly because of the view of the sea. Tulum was abandoned 75 years after the Spanish conquest so is 'relatively' new, however it was built during the decline of the Maya empire so is not near as awesome architecturally as other ruins.
Partied last night with others at the hostel and will probably do so again tonight. Tommorow I am going to Puerto Morales - It is only 20 minutes from the airport so I might be able to avoid the cancun city all together.

No comments: