Monday, August 6, 2007

Sunday In San Cristóbal del las Casas

Yesterday I walked around a lot, read some and listened to music in the park. There was a band that I listened to on the grandstand and later there was a family group - I bought a CD from them for 100 pesos.



I walked past a little place where they were grilling a ton of chicken - it smelled really good. So I went back at 12:30 to ask if it was just to go or if I could eat there - although there was a table she said it was just to go. I said lastima and then walked across the street - the other lady inside (owner maybe) yelled for me to come back and said I could eat - I had a half of chicken, rice, tortillas and a grilled jalopeña for 35 pesos. I really think they don´t normally serve there but apparently I got lucky.





Last night and Saturday night I had dinner at the same hotel that Deb and I stayed at last year - I didn´t realize it until after I ordered my dinner - its to bad because I am still angry at them. Last year when we stayed there they had a wedding reception that lasted until the wee hours of the morning and the rooms surrounded the dinning area - which meant we couldn´t sleep and I had the flu - I get pissed just thinking about it.

Last night at the hostel I talked and drank until 3 in the morning with a guy from Uruguay, a gal from France (fluid in Spanish), a brother and sister from Puebla (México) and a gal from Texas (she really was rarely in the conversation since her Spanish was so poor). Most of the conversation was in Spanish and I fared OK - unless they were talking between themselves, then I would get lost. Sometimes Alejandra (girl from México) would talk to me in English and I to her in Spanish - an odd conversation to say the least.

No comments: