Tuesday, August 7, 2007

In the words of Jenny Owen Youngs

...what the fuck was I thinking....
I started my vacation in Quito with an elevation of 9,200 feet and now I'm in Palenque with an elevation of 270 feet. Hot and muggy, people really pay big bucks to sweat - I am not sure I get it, can I head back to Guate???? I am staying in a decent place with private bath, small patio, ceiling fan and its quiet for 120 pesos. I plan to go to the ruins tommorow. The ride here from Ocosingo was awsome - a tad over 2 hours for 40 pesos and the views were awsome. This part of the country is heavily forested and hilly. The road was narrow and curvy - not for Deb or Ang, but it was beautiful.
Tengo sed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dad -- I do not get carsick any more. I think I could have handled the bus ride on the curves -- I swear! I can even read in the car now!