Saturday, March 21, 2009

multiple personalities

When I am down here in guate I am somewhat different. I walk everywhere, I visit people, am generally more social. For example in TR I have driven (on more than 1 occasion) to the Sport Bar (2 1/2 blocks in good wether) and here will walk for a mile just to have a cup of coffee. Today I realized the problem is much worse.

personality 3 - the anal traveler
I had to get up at 2 am to get to the airport. ok, I really didn't as I was the first one there and waited for 1 hour to be waited on, but lets suppose I really did need to get there at when I did. I made sure I got up -
1) wake up call set up for 2 from the front desk
2) set my watch alarm
3) set the cell phone alarm
4) set the motel alarm in the room
5) set my travel alarm
6) told Deb that if she was awake between 2 and 4 to call me (thanks hon)
7) had a taxi for 2:30 so if I wasn't up the desk would call me (I was up but they called me to tell me he was there)
8) damn near didn't sleep for more than 30 minutes at a crack so needed no alarms anyway - I mean you gotta be sure - right ?

everything worked but number 1 - suffice it to say I was up and ready to rock & roll at 2:10. Overkill? I think not -

personality 4 - the don't worry about it traveler
So I'm checking in at the desk and the lady tells me I just made it on my passport. It expires on November 11 and I never thought about the fact that there are countries that won't let you in their country if you have less than 6 months on your passport. Now I knew this (didn't realize it about Guatemala) so you would think that someone as anal as me would have checked it out before - I mean if there are countries that want you to have 6 months or more then there might be countries that want you to have 9 months or more.
She said if I had missed the date I would be SOL and they would not let me on the plane. I made it by 6 weeks but that was to close for comfort.
I gotta be more anal:)


No comments: