Sunday, March 22, 2009

Its all a matter of perspective

I didn't sleep for shit the night before I left (after all I got up at 2 am), I was sick and I was tired. My plane left at 5:35 am from ORD and I chatted for maybe 10 minutes with the guy next to me and then I tried to sleep. I was unable to. In the seats across the aisle from me there was a family of 3. Their kid (6 or 7) was playing some damn game on the computer w/o it being muted - I was so pissed. Of course it didn't bother the dad who had earphones on. The plane was very quiet except for the kids computer - its not that it was loud, it wasn't. In fact it was quite soft - which made it all the worse I think - you only heard noise maybe 50% of the time. I would just start to doze and I would here it again.
Fast forward to my next flight - I was exhausted and I was really hoping to sleep. This flight had a whole group of teenagers from Seattle who where coming to Guatemala for 2 weeks. They didn't have mp3 players so they talked and they talked and moved around and were having a great time (and they were 100% appropriate in their behavior). Behind me there was a group of college kids also having a great time. Sleep was impossible but I wasn't upset - this was the noise that one should here while traveling - not some annoying brat playing a fucking computer game.

No comments: