Monday, March 23, 2009

First 2 days

My trip thus far:

Drove to Chicago and for the first time made it to the motel w/o getting lost. Its so damn easy if you get off at the correct exit. Forgot to buy some books for reading and I knew nothing would be open at the airport that early so I ran to Target and bought a couple.

Went to bed early and got up early and was to the airport way early. I was first in line and had to wait for an hour before they opened. Being first in line I got to the terminal exactly 1.5 hours before takeoff. Had I left an hour later I think I would have cut it close.

I thought my plane was nonstop (deb pointed out I was wrong) but it stopped for 45 minutes in Houston and switched planes (same flight though - go figure). 45 minutes is a nice layover as long as your checked bags make it - mine did.

Got to the Posada Belen at noon - had a sandwich and slept for 2 - 3 hours. Read a bit and generally felt very sick. Had the chills, ear ache etc. Couldn't get warm and was worse. The doc gave me antibiotics in case I developed a secondary infection so I began self medicating - not sure if I should have but I now feel a lot better.

Was supposed to leave at 6:30 but the Posada Belen neglected to tell me by email that the bus didn't leave at 6:30 on Sundays so I couldn't leave till 2. It was for the best as I slept for 12 hours.

Went to the market sunday morning - most things closed at 8:30 but I stretched my legs.
As normal for me I was to the bus station 45 minutes before it left with 4 of us - but a comfortable bus ride it was. One stop to use the bathroom and eat for 20 minutes and that was it. It is truly direct.

Got to the school at 7pm and shared some Gallo with my friends.

This morning after breakfast I will go to the Fundacion Salvacion

No comments: