Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Las Chicas

It finally occured to me. Why do the kids selling stuff to the tourists come in pairs. Occaisonally single or triple but usually in pairs - for safety? not likely. It always works like this, if you negotiate a price with one kid they have you, you are willing to buy. After the transaction takes place the 2nd kid always looks sad/hurt and says "what are you going to buy from me?" or something to that affect. You have already bought something so they know that you are willing to buy, and you have no reason to favor one kid over the other - so you end up buying from both. If you buy the same item the previously negotiated price with the first kid is always used. It never changes. Maybe I'm just a sucker. I almost never buy stuff but when I do I end up buying from both kids. You can't convince me this is not by design.

No comments: