Tuesday, December 30, 2008

29 dec 08

Huehue to Pana
20 Q to 4 caminos (didn't it used to be 15Q ?)
20 Q to la cuchilla
3 Q to Solola
3 Q to Pana

Left the school a bit after 8 and arrived in Pana just before noon.

Staying at Casa Montefur for 42 Q per night.

At 4 Caminos a taxi driver was trying to get 4 people to ride to Guate for 75 Q per person - he told me its the same price as the bus, I just laughed and the guy next to him laughed at my response.

On one of the busses a guy got on and the ayudante told him 10 Q and the guy said no and gave him 7 Q and the guy accepted it - sounds like an odd way to do business, but 7 Q is better than nothing. There was an old lady next to me (she was on the bus when I got on in Huehue) and she was 'sleeping' when the ayudante came thru - he tapped her on the shoulder and she didn't budge and he ignored her. Did she ride for free then? I got off in 4 Caminos and the bus was going on to Xela so I don't know, but it sure looked like she got a free ride.

No comments: