Thursday, December 25, 2008

Guatamala City

9:50 am
I arrived last night a tad before 11pm and was at the Posada Belen by 11:30. Christmas eve is something. I have experienced it before in pana and huehue, but never in guate. at 11:30 the fireworks were going off and kept increasing in volume. At 11:45 I thought it must be midnight because of the volume, but alas no. It reached its crecendo (?) at midnight for about 5 minutes and then tapered off. If I'm ever here again on Christmas Eve I will have a video recorder and a good sound recorder to record it - Its unbelievable - the 4th of july fireworks in the states are bigger in one central location - this is everywhere continuous - its crazy. I should have gone outside with my cerveza but I was too tired.

Went to bed at 1:am and was up at 8. Leave around 11 for pana. It means that I have traveled for 48 hours from work and have only made it as far as pana - will be another 24 to get to huehue - efficient, no - fun (now that I made it), yes.

Will write my thoughts on the last plane later. Ciao

No comments: