Monday, June 25, 2007

Catching Up

Saturday 23 June
Saturday I went to Latacunga. It was market day and I walked by the market - spent a couple of hours wandering around the town. It was a 2 hour bus ride ($2.5 each way). It seems a neat quaint town once you get past the bustling business district. I enjoyed the area around the park - it was beautiful and quiet. The deal on going today was that it was clear and you are supposed to be able to see Cotopaxi on one side of the highway and 2 other peaks on the other side - I barely saw them but I can say I saw snow. Also Cotopaxi is supposed to loom over Latacunga - could have fooled me - damn clouds
Sunday 24 June
Went to the market (small) in the new town and bought a few small things. Afterwords I went out for lunch with Gary (friend from the hostel) and spent several hours talking about life.
The hostel is great, prices range depending on the room from $7.50 - $15.00. Actually the $15 means that I payed for 2 people. The dorm is cheaper yet and price includes breakfast. Beer is $1.25 for a large pilsner and the common area is really fun and interesting with the group of people. I would recomend Hostel Chicago to anyone
Monday 25 June
I am in Otavalo - took the trolley to the bus station and then a 2.5 hour ride for $2.00. I am staying at the Hostal Valle del Amanecer. I payed for 3 nights ($10 per night) with private bath - includes breakfast and seems like an interesting place
later

No comments: