Saturday, August 15, 2009

finishing the day from hell

or was it two days?
I got to Phoenix w/o problems although it was a bumpy ride - landed around 6:30 or thereabouts. Went to fire up my laptop so I knew what flight Deb was on and holy shit its dead. It won't boot; some file is 'corrupted'. Not much I could do so I tried (unsucessfully) to sleep in the baggage claim area. Unfortunatelly they have 3 or 4 terminals and I didn't know which one Deb was coming in on so I waited till she called me. I hate fucking cell phones but I was sure glad to have one then.
I couldn't sleep because every 30 seconds they would announce where the idiots that couldn't read were to go to get there luggage. I mean how hard is it to read that flight 343 from Chicago is to go to carousel 5 to pick up your luggage? Unfortunately due to the incompetence of our English teachers the idiots can't read thus it has to be announced and poor me couldn't sleep.

I was in terminal 4 and Deb arrived in terminal 3 so when she called I booked over there and met her. We took a taxi to the greyhound and waited for 1.5+ hours for our bus. The gal in line in front of us was great - I'm guessing she was over 80. She was traveling by herself from Yuma AZ to Montana (I think) for a wedding. She is planning on a trip to Israel in the next year or so - I hope I'm booking around like her in 30 more years.
side note: not all drivers of Greyhound are assholes. Our driver was nice and polite.

We arrived in Flagstaff around 2:40 and walked to the hostel ( http://www.grandcanyonhostel.com/ ). It was about a 10 minute walk and then we checked in (duh). We then went to the bus stop (local) to catch the bus to get to my storage shed. Of course I was clueless as to what bus to take but there was some lady there waiting for her bus who knew all there was to know about the bus system and directed us to the correct bus (thank you). Once we got off the bus we still had to walk 1 mile to get to my car but made it by 5 - they close at 5. My car started up and we booked back to the hostel after stopping at Office Max to get tape and a box to mail extra stuff (camping) home. After all my car is a tad small.

We went out had a few drinks and ate dinner. We were crashed by 8pm.

I was dead tired but all went well -


No comments: